View My Stats

Monday 3 October 2011

Crepe Sunday

One of the first things I learnt to cook was crepes.  If you want to call it cooking.  They are a staple of an Eastern European child's life.  We'd play outside for hours on end and then run to someone's house at dusk for crepes made by their mum.  My favourite filing was plum jam.

There are two versions.  A very dough-y, soft crepe and an almost wafer crisp crepe which I made on Sunday morning for a late breakfast.  The trick is the ratio of milk to water.  The more milk, the crispier the crepe.


I like to beat my batter by hand and rest it in the fridge for about half an hour.



With berries and creme fraiche.  Anything goes though.  Cream.  Mascarpone.  Pistachio nuts.






Cuddles with a tired and sleepy Monty.




Crispy Crepes (recipe makes 6 large crepes)

125g plain flour
2 fresh organic eggs
250ml lukewarm milk
1 tablespoon butter

Combine all ingredients and beat with a hand whisk or electric mixer for 1 minute.  Rest in fridge for at least half an hour.  Voila!

1 comment:

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a comment.